1.      I know that this is the question that every writer hates, but everyone always asks: How do you get inspired? From where do you get your ideas?

Most of the time, it’s just something small that sparks an idea. With DUALED, it was a question my son asked about twins that got me thinking.


2.      What did you always want to be? How do you decided to be a writer? At what age do you decided you want to be a writer?

As a kid, I always wanted to be a writer when I grew up. But then I didn’t think it was possible so I just forgot about it. But I started writing seriously a few years ago when I had some time, and am so glad I did!

3.      How do you keep on staying motivated? I know that to write a book it`s a really hard work,so how could you continue this work?

It really is just a matter of powering through it. Some days are harder than others, but you just need to work through those until you get to a day when the words come easier. And you have to really want it, you know? Ask yourself what your goals are. No one else is going to make them happen except for you.

4.      I know that you books have a great story, so how do you decided you want to write fantasy? When did you begun to write this book? In what year did you begun and how long this book take to be write

I didn’t really set out to write a dystopian—it’s just what DUALED ended up being. I wrote it in the fall of 2010, and I finished the first draft in 5 weeks. But then came months of revisions, so in the end, from start to finish, it probably took just as long as most books.

5.      Your book have extraordinary characters. Where do you start a book, with plot, characters or dialogue?

I usually start with a plot. Then I think of characters, and then dialogue.

6.      Where do you write? Do you write with music, or do you have something that help you to have imagination?

I write at home. I don’t think I could get anything done at a café or anyplace like that, as I’m very much a creature of habit. I need my music, my tea, the familiar things around me to get me into that mindset of producing words.

7.      How was your life as teenager? Did you keep a diary? It was a special notebook or just an ordinary notebook? You decorated it, or you have draws in it? How was the cover?

I can’t really remember if I was 13, but I know I had a diary at some point as a teenager. I didn’t decorate it, though. I think I wanted it to look as boring as possible so no one else would be tempted to look at it. 


8.      What books did you read between 12-18 years? What was your favorite?

I read a lot of Stephen King as a teen. And I think I read lots of those Harlequin romances, too. I know, different ends of the scale!

9.      Do you like your new writer life? Is it beautiful, or how much did your life changed from the moment you published your books?

I love it, all of it. There’s down parts to it, too, of course. But they only make the good parts that much better. I’m still not published, but I’m enjoying every moment leading up to that point!

10.  What advice do you have for teen writers?

Keep writing, keep reading, and always remember that everything’s possible and nothing’s impossible.

11.  When is your birthday? And how old are you?)

Let’s just say I’m a Taurus, and some days I feel younger than I am, and on other days much older!

12.  What is your favorite quote?

Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as though you’ll die today!


Thank you very much, you are incredible! What message do you have for your fans from Romania? Thank you so much for your excitement for DUALED! I hope you guys get to read it soon, and that you all love it!